1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did dodge get out of the commercial Truck market?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Turfmower, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I was looking to replace my Dakota. They only sell them as pimped out yuppy trucks now no regular cabs no 8 ft beds. Looked on the lot not one chassis cab or snow commander. The only commercial trucks the has where the new sprinter vans.

2. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

You can buy a regular cab with the 8' bed. You can do a bed delete on srw but not a dually. Most of the truck sold are the quad cab, shortbeds. Rumor has a chassis cab in the work...perhaps. It has a lot to do with the new frame and aftermarket bodies not being compatible?

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Part of the "deal" that was made many years ago when Uncle Sam backed the loan baolout of Chrysler is that they were barred from competing or making trucks bigger than 1 ton so that is why they do not exist and why some of Dodge 1 ton cab and chassises are so beefy GVW wise. I do no know what the future holds on this since Dalhmer bought out Chrysler.

4. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I wanted a v8 Dakota with 8 for bed like my 93 bench seat rubber floor mats crank windows. not a full size.

Tarkus
    not a 4500 or larger size truck. I'm talking the 3500 chassis cab like you would make a mason dump out of. I know lot of people that have them. but they are all few years old now. I haven't seen any new ones since the germans bought them.

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Last year they made the reg. cab 8 foot bed was '99 and good luck finding one. The dealer here has a wait list for ANY 8 foot bed Dakotas regardless of year.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

This may be because Dalhmer-Benz is getting ready to use their own truck in that market possibly?

7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Edited:
    Out of line, watch it...
    Jodi