1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

did boss change anything after 08?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mricefish, Dec 5, 2014.

1. mricefish

mricefish Member

I have a v plow that is a 02. Am adding mounts to another truck to have as a back up just in case. Was going to do the mount/wire install my self and looking online a few places to buy them and have noticed on some of the wire kits it says for a 08 and newer plow. So what I would like to know is there anything that changed that anyone knows about? I don't think there is, but just want to double check. I know there is a 11 pin and a 13, mine is a 13 so the new one will have to be too.

And on the same note, if I get a new plow next year will everything be compatible with the 02 plow. Example, if plow breaks down go home and get the other plow, if truck breaks down go home get the other truck. Want everything to be compatible with each other either plow with either truck. Thanks guys.

2. NaturesEnemy1

NaturesEnemy1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Other guys on here will know more than I, BUT if you have an RT3 Boss plow, than you should be fine. 13 pin sounds like you DO have an RT3. If both mounts on both trucks are the same (rt3) than yes, in theory, they are interchangeable.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

08 was a frame change year different mount, maybe a different headlight harness.

4. mricefish

mricefish Member

Basher, So would the frame change be on the blade side then? My trucks will have the same mount and wire hookup rt3, and 13 pin. Have been trying to find a deal on used since I am not in a real big hurry to get the 2nd truck up and going.....yet lol. But want to make sure if I go used or ebay, craigslist just want to make sure everything will work. More concerned on wire harness, that is where I saw on the box 08+ plows. But it was 13 pin plug looked the same so I don't see why it would not work.

5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I have a 2003 chevy with a boss plow and a 2014 ford with a boss plow, both have same harnesses, same mounts and for all i know i can put the 12 year old plow on my brand new truck if i can get it as high as my ford mount is which is was higher than the chevy, but i dont think there would be any issues putting any boss plows on any truck but then again im only going off based on the two boss setups we have

6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2 BOSS V plows - one is about 2004 and the other is 2011 RT3 13 pin both work on all of my trucks. One is the old headlights, one is the new headlights. After 06 ish the rams changed. Email BOSS they will get back to you
    Phone: (800) 286-4155
    Email: sales@bossplow.com

7. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

08 was the start of the current headlight package. It was the start of the duAL burn option for lights.

You can put any rt3 plow and swap them with trucks when the truck is 13pin.

8. mricefish

mricefish Member

Ok yea that makes sense. It sounds like I was on the right track then, and was just 2nd guessing myself when I saw in the picture of the wire harness that said 08+. My mind is at ease now, just have to get the parts and should be good to go.

Thanks guys for your input, this is a really great place to come to and get info. Like to do most repairs/fix things like that myself and I have always been able to find an answer to a question on the forms here.