1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

did anyone attend the work truck show?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowsniper1, Mar 9, 2009.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

how was it any pics

2. turboguy

turboguy Member

Must not have been too many attended judging from the response. I was there as a first time exhibitor. I thought it was quite good. The other exhibitors with more to compare said the traffic was down a bit but it was still busy. There was a lot of equipment there and some cool things. Sorry, no pic's though. I would recommend the show to anyone.

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Work Truck Show attendance on the rise
    Mar 16, 2009
    Pit & Quarry

More than 8,400 work truck industry professionals attended The Work Truck Show 2009 and National Truck Equipment Association convention March 3-6 at the McCormick Place West Building in Chicago. This represents an increase of 18.5 percent over The Work Truck Show 2008, and is the second largest turnout for this event in its 10-year history, organizers said. At The Work Truck Show 2009, 490 exhibitors filled out the show floor that covered about 500,000 sq. ft. with new vocational trucks, components and equipment.

I was there but it sure didnt seem like the attendance was up. Lots of downsized booths by exhibitors. And the food inside was outrageously expensive. $16 for a burger, fries, and a soda. $49 a night to park at the hotel. I dont think the NTEA will be returning to Chicago any time soon.

4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

We thought the show was still impressive although the price for food was way too high in the convention center. I expected it to taste a whole lot better for the price.

5. turboguy

turboguy Member

As I mentioned earlier I was a first time exhibitor. The first and last day were a bit slow so I had a lot of chance to chat with my neighboring exhibitors and no one felt the attendance was up despite the numbers. I do a lot of shows and most shows are off this year to some degree.

The $ 16.00 burgers would have been much less objectionable had they tasted half way decent. All food prices were terrible, all prices were terrible.

When I was making the decision about displaying for the first time there one of the biggest negative factors I looked at was the location. I dislike McCormick place as a show location very much. I hope you are right that they don't go back for a long time, a very, very, very long time will be fine with me. Still even with most feeling the attendance was off, to me the show was very worthwhile. Hopefully the APWA snow show and SIMA will be good as well.