1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did anybody see?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Peterbilt, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Did anyone else happen to see the AT&T wireless commercial last night with the Snow plow/landscaping company?

I was trying to find it online to find out more about what apps they were running with thier plowing service.

It was some outfit out of MN, and it was quite interesting.

J.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Thanks GV.

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Is anyone else using this type of system? Its very interesting, and I could see using it or something like it in my operation.

Seems like it would realy help in most aspects from estimating to billing and could be fairly cost effective for the right sized operation.

J.

5. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

i would really like to know more about the systems they have in place as far as tracking/invoicing and all the systems and features at&t provided.

6. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Ive always dreamed about a system set up with GPS that tracks when a truck first drove onto a lot, then the system could record how long it took to plow (it would receive input from the plow) then it would record how long it took to salt and be linked up with the salter to record how much salt was put down. Then it would automatically send out a email to the property owner/supervisor upon the completion.

I have a ton of other things ive imagined it to do also, thats just the tip of the ice berg.

7. grandview

Thanks,I just patent that 5 seconds ago.payup

i think Verizon has the tracking like that.

8. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I would settle for a system the would automatically know what account the machine or truck has entered, then request that the operator press the start button so he could begin clearing the lot. Then the operator would do his thing, push the end button, and head to the next one while the info is being sent and up loaded to my accountants system so it could be billed out.

Plus have it keep an active account of where we are (All equipment and sidewalk crews) in a push at all times.

Not that I have a ton of problems with the "Where we're at" its the getting and keeping the time/plow sheets straight that gives me problems after the billing has been done. Something done at the excact time of service would be wonderful.

J.

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Then the Damn commercial comes on my TV.

J.

10. grandview

11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I wondered the same thing.. is the xora software great for snow removal logistics?

12. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

They paid 90,000 grand for it. They are a big outfit around here.

13. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I was about to say, these systems are super pricey. i can't justify them. they are awesome though. if anyone wants help setting up the verizon system let me know. I used to sell them. very cool, and the most cost effective that i found. will let you know when someone gets on site, when they leave, if they stop, how fast they are going. and they can help track the job by puting in quanties of salt and the such. you can then pull up accounts and easily plug into your accounting software.

14. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

We spent years and $1000's on finding the right program to track and route. used xora for a couple months and felt it was deficient in several areas. We have chosen Operasoft and have been really impressed. Operasoft has been built around the snow industry, instead of a generic service program.

Lawn ranger is a pretty big outfit, and hats off to them for taking steps in technology to move the industry forward. I'm sure bobby had some connections to get this commercial done. Anyone notice he's even wearing Lawn Ranger shirts when he does Kare 11?

15. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

We signed on with Operasoft this year as well and have been very happy with the reports generated and it is built around the snow industry.

16. XtremeSnowPros

XtremeSnowPros Member

Same here with Operasoft. They are built specify for the snow industry and we are very happy so far and they have a lot of new features coming out this year.

17. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That's alot of straight blades for such an advanced technology snow operation....

Looks good though...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  18. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

looks as though they're doing alright lol