1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

did any buddy plow with the new 5500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by AA+ Landscaping, Dec 18, 2008.

1. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

truck started shift funny and smell think i overheated trans it was a small lot lots of backing up or a 6.7 liter would be the same thing ( do you plow in tow haul)

2. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

I always switch the over drive of when ever the plow is on the pickup period! Its a lot easier on the transmisson. Sounds like you might have burned yours up. If you pull the dip stick and the trany fluid is dark and smells buned. I would change it right away and hope for the best.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think the Aisin 6 speed needs to be put be in a tow haul mode at all.

4. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

If it was shiftin funny i think it probably got hot. I had this happen once changed the fluid and put on a deep pan and all was well.

5. db27

db27 Member

Do you have a trans gauge installed yet?
    What temps did you see it spike to?
    My 06cummins with 48re auto will spike quick if i forget to put it in tow haul.(but only to 180-190)

6. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

used truck friday night for 12 hours plow 4in. of very wet snow and salting with at times 6 tons of salt in back seems to shift ok most of the time note this is my first disel truck on friday night i salted with my friend with a new f550 it was like my truck shifting the that way to it could be in my head but it still smells now and then

7. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

That always happens with the new "Cummings" you have under the hood. Should have got a Cummins. ;)

8. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

yeah, AA+ rode the short bus lol
    kinda scares me that he is plowing

can't spell
    can't type
    no sentence structure
    it drives me crazy trying to read it