1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did A Little Plowing Today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Mar 14, 2007.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

i had to get the D6 9U known as THE HOOD to do a little plowing, talk about a lot of snow. first i did a little angle blading in 5 gear for about 4 miles, then i cut the road in to the EL MINE right down to the gravel which was about 1/4 of mile. i did about 8 passes to get the snow back so it wouldn't drift in again. then on the way back home i got asked to widen out about 1.5 miles of road for the diamond drillers. THE HOOD did very well whipping the snow back and performed very well for a cat that was under water fro 3 years.

thansk

THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 006.jpg

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's awesome, the pics and the HOOD.

Must be nice, we lost all our snowcover in the last week, temps hit 70 the other day. I need to live where winter is longer.

3. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I don't think you'd like the windchills up there Mark lol.

4. Mark Oomkes

Minor details as long as you're dressed for it. I love cold and snow. Might explain a few things about me. :rolleyes:

5. KingofObsolete

thansk guys, once you get used to the cold it is not bad, it is lie trying to take the heat, LOL
    here is a couple more pictures of the FUN we had yesterday.

thansk

THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 001.jpg

THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 004.jpg

6. Mark Oomkes

OK, just because I'm a glutton for punishment, how cold is it there yet?

7. KingofObsolete

8. EFI

EFI Member
    from NH / NB

Awesome King. I'm moving back to NewBrunswick in 2 years . Cant wait to get there .