1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did a drive thru of my resi's today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HALH VT, Oct 27, 2010.

1. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Wet and nasty out and I didn't want to go right back into the shop after lunch, so I did a drive around my plow route, mostly to see what kind of stupidity my customers had dreamed up over the summer.

Worst one was a new 8'x12' storage shed blocking about a third of the area where I stack snow. It changes that place from a simple no-brainer to "WAKE UP AND WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING."

Shiny new crushed stone on one steep grade, already wash-boarded pretty bad. A lot of that material will wind up in the ditch by spring, unless we get enough cold weather to freeze it down hard and keep it that way.

A couple of fairly long drives that really need the overhanging limbs cut back. I hate having wipers ripped off at oh-my-god o'clock in the morning. Not really likely to get done, either no money or against their religion (Tree Huggers). I may run the ditch bank mower down one of the worst ones.

One drive that the owners stake for me every year, stakes get closer and closer together. I sheared two of them off right at ground level last year. They are right back there again this year, but shorter :)

Looks like nothing to make me really crazy, but I'm sure at least one person will dream up something to make life interesting, dead cars in strategic places come to mind.
  2. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

ahahahhahahh!!! I like this thread i know its old but it made me laugh!
  3. Teamdynamic

Teamdynamic Junior Member

I know what he means. Half the stuff I've installed over the summer, I've shot myself in the foot over the winter