1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond vs Fisher MM plow???

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ladder6, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

I have a 2004 Ford F250 Diesel. I have the option of buying an 8' diamond plow or a Fisher MM...both in really nice shape with remotes. The Fisher is $400 more. Is there a big difference in products? Any thoughts would be helpful before I pull the trigger and get one this week. Thanks!
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What are you going to bid them both at?
  3. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

Not bidding, 2 different friends are selling them. I am just not sure if paying the extra $400 is worth it for a used Fisher. $1700 installed vs $2100 plus $110 install on the Fisher.
  4. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I am guessing you all ready know the answer to this question..................... I am sure the Diamond looks inviting but like anything because it is cheaper, that is usually just not a good enough reason ........... paying less at Walmart is usually more expensive than just buying it from LL Bean............ if the Diamond plow was just as good as the Fisher it would command the same price.
    All of them have problems but the fact remains; that the nite the plow lets you down, you will be sorry; and $400 will seam like peanuts........... if you are not going to use it commercially and just plow paved lots where you get avg snowfalls of 6" or less it may work fine. All the woods contractors up here tryed them back in the 90s and you NEVER seen them around anymore; they would not take the tough stuff............... I have nothing against Diamond Plows and I think they are a cool looking plow; I used to plow a mile of woods road with my buddys, when it was new on a HD 250 Ford and it worked great; when it wasnt messed up;; :dizzy: but that was not very often .................. he now runs a 9 ft yellow plow made in Rockland....................
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Fisher is well worth the extra 400! There is plenty of support and dealers for the Fisher plows here in New England too.
  6. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

Thanks guys, I agree with the great advice. Appreciate it!