1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereFarmer, Jun 1, 2006.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Does anybody know anything about Diamond plows? I am looking at a 1997 F350 that has one. Looks to be a good plow and I know that they are made in Maine, but I have never used one. I think the pump and everything is located in the engine bay as it has a hyrdaulic hose by the plow mounts. I don't really know because the plow was not hooked up. As far as the setup itself goes: Any pros or cons? Anything to look for?
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have never owned one but have seen a few and have a friend that has one. I am a Fisher guy my self but would consider trying one If I were not so immersed in Fisher.
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I am a Fisher guy myself. always have been and always will be. I also thought about selling the whole plow setup and buying a new MM2, but I don't know if I want to go through removing all the hardware as it is not self contained to the headgear. I figured that I could clean the plow up a bit and paint it and be allset, but I don't know anyone that has had experience with them.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I ran Diamonds for 6 years, until a Boss dealer opened up 15 miles closer than my Diamond dealer.

The pumps on my plows (8' / 9') were mounted like 90% of the others, right on the light tower, in the normal spot.

This goes all the way back to '99, so maybe that '97 was a different design??

I know my Diamonds were good, I even hit a telephone pole once dead on doing about 20 mph down a hill. Bent the moldboard in a concave, other than that, went and plowed everything, worked fine.

Like I said, I got into them when I bought a used one once, but the only shop was 30 miles from me, which pretty much sucked in a pinch, since it's also on the opposite side of Minneapolis / St. Paul as me, so imagine having a plow that doesn't work, having to go through rush hour traffic to get to the shop.
  5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Diamonds were built by people who left Fisher. The original Diamonds were similiar to Fisher but had torsion springs for the trip edge. They used the same underhood belt drive or electric pump and seperate valve bodies.

In the late nineties they were bought by Meyer who switched to using their stule of out front electric pumps. Diamonds were E47H and E60H as they were slightly bigger. Eventually the trip springs were changed to Meyer extrnsion springs and the Meyer pull away tube tower was used.

Today with the exception of the trip edge most of the plow is the same as Meyer.

The older Diamonds were very heavy and very good for road plowing as they had an nice curve. Diamond also made the first movable V plow but it was only in prduction for a few years.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they are real heavy duty plows my friend had one it lifted the back end of a f350 right up good heavy plows