1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond plow won't stay straight!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by vermonter36, Mar 11, 2007.

1. vermonter36

vermonter36 Junior Member

While pushing snow if I stay to the left or to the right while trying to widen the driveway my plow will turn to the side that I'm plowing against, should'nt the blade remain straight unless I angle it?:dizzy:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Technically, yes the blade should hold the position you have it in but if the snow load gets too heavy in front of the blade or your cutting into windrow's that are frozen, then it will open the cross over relief valve and allow the blade to angle (thus protecting the hydraulic system from unnecessary stress) If you think that it relieves too easily though, then your crossover relief valve may need some attention. The spring may be weak in the valve and in need of replacement/adjustment or the valve itself isn't sealing properly and may need replaced.