1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond plow won't drop, need help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Klankster, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Klankster

Klankster Junior Member

The other day a went to drive home from work and when I went to lift my plow it would not lift up or move side to side so I checked the inline fuses and found one which was a 25 amp and blown so I replaced it with a 30 amp and I was now able to lift the plow and move it side to side but now I could not drop it down. What should I do as it now snowing out and we are expected to get a foot or more of snow. Please I need help your fellow plower Kurt.

2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

What kind of power unit does your diamond Use-
    On the plow or under the hood?

3. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Didnt blow the fuse again did it?

4. Klankster

Klankster Junior Member

It has under the hood with a belt driven hydraulic pump and a electronic joystick mounted on the stick shift. The truck is a 1994 F350 4x4 PSD 5speed .

5. Klankster

Klankster Junior Member

No the fuse is still good. I can lift the plow and I can move it side to side but I can't drop it.

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would think that you have a poor electrical or physical connection in the valve that allows the blade to lower. Make sure you have voltage to this valve and check for proper operation.

7. Sno

Sno Senior Member

And watch your feet!

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Check the bullet plugs in your harness, they're out near your valve manifold. I don't remember which one does what but see if one is loose or corroded. Like CTfireman said, check for voltage here also. If there is none, then go back to the SlickStick and be sure the plug is tight to it. If that's OK it's likely the stick is bad. I had one that wouldn't raise the plow.

If you do have voltage at the valve solenoid and it won't release then the solenoid's bad.

9. Sno

Sno Senior Member

And watch your feet!

10. Klankster

Klankster Junior Member

well thanks for the info guys it ended up being the solenoid was shot so I picked one up friday night after work and put it in saturday morning and I'm now back in business. thanks again!!!Kurt