1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

diamond plow problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gene L., Jan 8, 2005.

1. Gene L.

Gene L. Junior Member
    from CT

I have a 8' diamond plow 1993. problem is sometimes plow wont angle to the right. lifting fine. all valves and magnets replaced. fluid changed. when plow wont angel there is no fluid going through angel piston lines. solenoid also replaced. plow will recover on its own. I asked dealer and he didnt know. I replaced the 2 screens in the valve box, they were very bad. dealer said that wasnt the problem but i hope he is wrong. works now but the test will be next storm. any thoughts out there????

2. plowman6977

plowman6977 Junior Member
    from 17042

problem

try replacing your couplings to you hoses

3. Gene L.

Gene L. Junior Member
    from CT

diamond problem

I will consider the couplings but doesnt it seem strange that it would a on and off again problem?

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Only time I had a problem with the plow not angling was when the coupling fitting was not on all the way.

5. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

keep in mind with the couplers the older ones used balls inside, while newer couplers have pins. If you replaced it and have a ball - pin setup the fluid may go through sometimes, but at other times freeze up...

I had this happen on a pump that went out for repair this year. the vendor has the newer couplers, however on the plow end it was the old style. check your male - female couplers and keep them all the same.

6. plowman6977

plowman6977 Junior Member
    from 17042

couplings

if you change the couplings on your hoses make sure you use its mate on the pump.

7. Gene L.

Gene L. Junior Member
    from CT

sounds good, I will repalce both end of couplings.
    Thank you.