1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond plow moves slow left or right

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landscaper3, Dec 30, 2002.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

After 30hrs of plowing christmas night and an addition 20hrs next day and 22" of slow my Diamond EZ mount electric style, moves slower then it did last week? Goes up and down like always but seems the angling is much slower. Like I siad its an electric model and the motor looks like the Myers E60 pump motor.

2. landscaper3

UPDATE!!!! trucks starts real slow! Battery's dont seem to be good. Dumb question but will that contribute to angling slow? If so why is the up and down so much faster?

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Down is by gravity;) Not affected at all by how your batteries are

4. landscaper3

I know down is gravity but lifting is so much faster? Or should say its the same spped but left or right angle is now molasis.

5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I am just being a smartass. I am no expert, but I would be fix you batteries before anything else.

Have you changed your fluid recently, checked your filters?
    Chuck's page is the best for diagonistics.

6. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Here is online flow chart for you...

http://www.welchwelding.com/flow_chart/e47_e60.htm

I am guessing that since the pressure is tested at the angle cylinders it is a more critical point.

1-2 things come to mind.

Fix your charging/battery system.

Pump is not generating enough pressure (Obviously) Check your wiring, and motor for corrosion.

There are better people than me to answer your questions though.

7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

If your batteries are junk, that is slowing down your pump.

Geoff