1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond plow (2003 MDII)- No hydraulics....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by PlowVA, Jan 28, 2009.

1. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Hey guys, hooked up to the plow today and plugged it in. Got plow lights and power to control pad (it lights up), but nothing for hydraulics (up/down/left/right). Checked battery connections and cleaned them, same thing on pump side. When I hit one of the motion buttons (up/down...) the lighted switch to turn on the plow lights flickers. Fuse?? Any ideas??

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I don't have any experience with the touch pad controllers but...
    I would think since the controller lights up it's got power. When you hit raise or l/r angle are you getting 12v to the small terminal on the under hood solenoid? If you are, are you getting 12V on the output side of the solenoid going to the pump?

Not sure what pump/controller you have but you should be able to find a service manual here that has a diag section... http://www.meyerproducts.com/service/partsServiceList.asp?catID=1

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i don't know anything about touchpad controllers or meyer pumps but i know my old cable western pump and our mm2 fisher solenoids can be jumped to see if they are good. perhaps you can try jumping yours? if it works by jumping there's a problem with the controller it's self (at least in the western and fisher cases) good luck with it :)
  4. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

ALL FIXED!!!

Was a solenoid. $66 and back to the plowing baby!!

SKYNYRD Senior Member

that was caused by the solenoid?!? i'll be danged. guess if it ever happens to us again we'll try that first before taking it to the dealer. glad to here it was such a cheap fix for yaussmileyflag