1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond Peak rock salt. Anyone use?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Raymond S., Jan 14, 2011.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Curious if someone can give me feedback on this? They claim to melt down to +5 degrees. How is the consistency? Any savings over standard rock salt? How is the melting stamina through a storm, any different than standard rock salt?
    Thanks

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It is standard rock salt.

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

So nothing special about it being "treated"?

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Got a link to the product you are asking about and where it says it is treated? 5* is just standard rock.

5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

www.diamondpeaksalt.com but I don't see anything about being blended except it does say it has an anti caking agent. Salesman called me today and was talking it up as an alternative to calcium chloride in some cases. I thought I'd see if anyone in here had used it but it appears that he's just blowing smoke.

6. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

just plain old rock salt. an alternative to CC? Hes blowing some major smoke. Anti-caking just means it shouldnt clump up on you. Plain old rock salt melts to 5*. If your looking for a blended product, look at snowslicer from central salt.