1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond on a MM2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SKYNYRD, Mar 10, 2010.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

the 8' wasn't wide enough for the ford dad recently got. i found a 8 1/2' diamond moldbord on ebay. it didn't have an A-frame but we got it anyway figuring the design between fisher and diamond is so similar we could make something work. turns out all dad had to do was make a custom length pin to mate the A-frame off a MM2 blade to the Diamond moldboard. brought the blade home sat night and it was mounted sun:drinkup:

6.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

there was only a couple of minor rust spots on the plow. since i aint gonna get to paint it for at least a couple more months i figured i would sprayem with ff and let the ff soak in real good. no sense chancing the spots getting any worse before i can paint it:nono:

also gave the center pin a good coatingussmileyflag

and if anyone in my area is interested we now have 2 back up blades for sale, neither has an A-frame-->

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=101332

22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

30.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

took a couple days recently to get the plow painted. thankfully it didn't need a lot of prep work. i can't get over how well the 2 spots i sprayed with fluid film came clean when i hit them with the waffle style disc

[​IMG]

then there's 3 spots i didn't fluid film back when we picked it up and i wish i had. i used the waffle style and a 24 grit disc on these but the rust is still there

[​IMG]

the rest of the spots were real minor, just a lil grinding and a lot of scuffing with a scotch pad

[​IMG]

i'm a big fan of the rustoleum professional grey primer

[​IMG]

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

[​IMG]

normally we use rustoleum professional paint as well but, this time i tried the valspar from tractor supply. can't wait to see how it holds up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we pulled the springs off so they could get painted too

[​IMG]

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

dad taped up the red so no overspray would get on it

[​IMG]

the back naturally wasn't as easy to spray with all the ribs etc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

our new plow was really starting to look new

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sat i took care of getting the springs and brackets done. ran all the springs threw the wire wheel then primed/painted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

[​IMG]

used a lot of fluid film in putting everything back together. sprayed and wiped the area behind where the springs went since i couldn't do it easily if i waited til it was back together

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

did the inside of the springs and the side that faces the backside of the plow
    [​IMG]

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

did the inside/outside of the bracket tube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all the bolts/washers/nuts

[​IMG]

then the rest of the entire blade once everything was tightened

[​IMG]

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

nice ingenuity there! The black lift triangle looks slick, i might have to try that one!

10. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

[​IMG]

i'm really thrilled with the way it came out
    [​IMG]

also added some reflective tape not so much for when it's on the road but more for when it's just sitting in the driveway so ppl see it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now we just need snow =)

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks! dad had me paint the lift arm black a couple winters ago because the way light would reflect off the yellow bothered his eyes. we've actually had quite a few compliments on the way it looks all black like that

12. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I see red x's.

13. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

on all of them or just the ones from today? try refreshingt he page or right click the x and select show picture or whatever similar option it may show

14. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

that looks so awesome! great job!

15. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

whole bunch of red x's for me bro

16. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

17. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i don't understand why some of you are seeing the pics and some aren't:confused:

18. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks man:drinkup:

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats an awesome job, the reflective tape across the front of that thing looks awesome. I really like the black and red combo. Looks awesome, nice work.

20. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks:drinkup: it's naturally more time consuming to do the plows 2 different colors. my father has been painting the backsides black for years to reduce headlight glare. at the same time tho, just like you said, it looks real cool 2:cool: