1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond/Meyer spreader HELP!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MSD HOMES LLC, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MSD HOMES LLC

MSD HOMES LLC Junior Member

I just bought this spreader and am having trouble getting the conveyor to run. I do not have the controller for it and manually start the motor and manually control the idle. I cannot get the conveyor to engage. I have freed the chain and can manually spin chain. Can I manually engage the conveyor or do I need to have the controller? Thanks were supposed to get snow tonight and need this thing running.

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of spreader? V-box ? Tailgate? If It's a v-box you need to get power to the clutch.

3. MSD HOMES LLC

Its a V box...motor runs strong...im going to buy a controller this week but i need to use it tonight....there is a wire going into the clutch...can i run that wire right to the battery? thanks for responding...

4. quigleysiding

That should get it going. Let me know how you make out.

5. MSD HOMES LLC

Quigleysiding...you are a life saver!!!!!!! Thank you so much for helping me out!!!! Its up and running now just waiting on the snow/ice....thanks again...

6. quigleysiding

Yeah We are waiting here also. Rain today.:mad: Good luck this season.