1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond MD 2 with melted wiring

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Jackal, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jackal

Jackal Junior Member
    from Maine

I have acquired a Diamond (by Fisher) MD 2 (7' 6" trip-edge) plow that was recovered from a truck that got toasted last season. The plow itself is in good shape though every bit of wiring on it got melted from the truck itself to the headlights, even the plastic piece that covers the components on the plow end. I guess I was just looking for some advise on where to start looking for replacement wiring parts. I understand that I would need to get a new wiring harness and push plates to attach this plow to my 2002 Chevy Avalanche anyways, but wasn't sure about the rest of the wiring on the plow itself. I'm on a tight budget (like everyone) so if anyone knows of a good place to get this stuff cheap it would be much appreciated. I was given a new set of headlights to fit this plow so at least that's out of the way.. I was also thinking of getting a handheld (fish-stik) style control for in the cab to hopefully get this running for next season.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

where in new England are you? im in Rhode island and know some people

3. Jackal

Jackal Junior Member
    from Maine

Southern Maine

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

5. Jackal

Jackal Junior Member
    from Maine

Sorry, I knew it was Meyer. Not sure how that slipped by me, but good catch??? Thanks for the link!!