1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond lighting problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Nascar24, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I'm looking for some help with a lighting problem.

I have a Diamond installed on a 2001 Ford Super Duty, it has the old style lights ( NOT SABER LIGHTS) I installed the harness and switch, I turned on the lights and found that the left side lights only worked on high beam, and the right truck headlamp was lit very dimmly when I switched back to the truck lights . I discovered the plugs were badly corroded, so I replaced them matching up all the wires. The left headlamp and turn signal lamps worked great, but I still had a dim truck headlamp on the right side when I switched back . I disconnected the adapters and plugged the OEM headlamp plugs back on and all the lights on the truck worked fine. I'm thinking there has to be a bad ground or a cross fed wire, can anyone help? How about a headlamp wiring diagram? anyone?

Thanks in advance

Jay

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the 6 or 12 pin light switch? Maybe I have a diagram for ya.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Wiring Diagram

Hi

Looks like a twelve pin switch, this harness came out of a 2000 F350 and I installed it into a 2001 F350, so I'm 99% sure I have the correct adapters.

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Jay

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Give us a call tomorow and we will fax you the wiring diagram
    610-488-1450

5. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

That's definitely a bad ground. There might be another bad connector, corroded wiring (where insulation chaffed) or it might be the ground itself.
    Just trace the wires and see what you have, you shouldn't need a wiring diagram for this.

Jason

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just got an email from Nascar24, He got it all fixed up,using the diagram I sent him he figrured out that 2 of the wire's on the plow light switch were reversed! WOOP'S!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
  7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks everyone!

Sorry for the delay, been so busy with getting all these plows ready I haven't had a chance to say thanks,

Jay