1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond install on Dodge

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mdn0123, Dec 14, 2006.

1. mdn0123

mdn0123 Junior Member
    from NE

I bought a used Diamond plow for my 1998 Ram 1500 that I will only be using for my long country driveway. The used plow supposedly came off a 1994 or 95 Ram 1500 and I thought the mounting brackets would fit my frame with no drilling, but it looks like that isn't the case. I would like to install this myself, but don't really know how/where to install the pump in the engine bay. Does anyone have a diagram or picture of an install? What about an install manual?

I also noticed one of the hydraulic lines was broken - is this something I can get from the auto parts store?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

We have tons of the engine pump kits for Diamond let me know the length of the hose you need. I am trying to find the paperwork for you but can not seem to find it I have a common attachment kit paper but i can not find the one for the dodge.

3. mdn0123

mdn0123 Junior Member
    from NE

all coiled up it looks like a 6 or 8 foot hose, maybe 1/2 inch diameter.

I finally had a chance to take a look at what I got and I don't think I can do this myself now. Because the parts are old and not everything is there as far as the mounting hardware, I will have someone install it for me most likely. One thing I noticed was the belt and pulley that came with the plow don't seem like the right fit for my pullies. Would this be because you attach an additional pulley to one of your existing pullies, such as your alternator? And then the serpentine belt would drive all the normal pullies on the truck, and the extra one attached to the alternator would drive the pully/pump for the hydraulic stuff??? This is new to me, so I'm making some assumptions.

Mike