1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond in the Rough

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mlc, Nov 25, 2000.

1. mlc

mlc Junior Member

I'm in need of help. I have a diamond plow which has a engine driven hydralic pump setup with an electronic valve control under the hood. I recently changed some hydralic hoses and must have loaded up the system with air. Even with the pump turning, it will not operate the cylinders. For those of you with this type of system, what is the best way to bleed the system of air? Unfortunately, I purcahsed the truck/plow setup used and was not given the manual which may explain the procedure. Thanks to all. Steve.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

3. mlc

mlc Junior Member

Thanks Geoff.

The link you provided gave me good background on how to proceed in bleeding the system. I'll be up early at it again tomarrow. I want to get this setup fixed before the next storm. Steve.

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Was it operating before you drained the system? You may need to remove the spool valves, and insert a thin wooden dowel into the end of the valve to loosen the plunger. They sometimes stick after extended storage.