1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond fitment on 86 f350

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Pjames, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Pjames

Pjames Junior Member

I have an 1986 f350 (solid axle)
    I found a used diamond complete setup (hydraulic style)
    The seller says it fits a 87-97 f250/350
    Which seems strange because the frame horns changed in 1992 maybe doesnt matter? Anyway i called he said would fit my truck as long as its solid axle.
    Do any diamond guys know if there are different pump mounts for different motors? (Mine is a 460 with A/c)
    Thanks for any help!

2. Pjames

Pjames Junior Member

This is the old diamond (not meyer)

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Old diamonds are the best. You can even convert them to a Fisher Minute mount upright set up. See my sig. My Diamond is 36 years old and is a tank. Good luck and post your project.

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

ask him what year/model truck the mount came off. I think the seller is wrong with his 87-97 year ranges.

80-91 frame horns are the same. as you mentioned, they changed in 92 and that style remained until 97.

if he says it is off a 92 or newer truck I would be very skeptical that it would fit your 86 (but I don't know the diamond mounts).

also keep in mind the diesels had larger radiators and some plow manufacturers (dont know about diamond) modified their mounts to clear the bottom of the radiators. being you have a gas engine, you should be ok with a mount from a gas or diesel truck.

5. Pjames

Pjames Junior Member

Ya tried to get the model it came off but i dont think he knows. He just reassured me it would fit any 1985 and up f250/350 up to 97 that had a solid front axle, which is weird cause none of the 250s in those years were solid axles. I just didnt know if diamonds were different and the frame horns didnt matter.

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If you look at each PDF breakdown you can look at the "Stock" number which is their part number, you can see which parts are common between a F250/F350 and which ones are not.

BTW they are for 86-91

I would say they will be very very close, with minor changes, maybe a notch here or a hole in a diffrent location, but something that could be modified to fit

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016