1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond E60h raising problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nateman, Sep 4, 2011.

1. nateman

nateman Junior Member

I have a diamond plow with a e60h pump. The plow raises about 4" then it stops the pump strains but dont lift any higher unless you have some one manually push up on it. The plow has fluid and it angles left and right. This is the first plow Ive had like this so I dont know much about it. Another thing to is when you hit the down button it just drops. Thanks

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

How old is it? It may be a worn out pump. Is the seal leaking around the lift shaft?
    I'm just throwing possibilities out there.

3. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Sounds like a bad valve, or something obstructing the fluid inside the base,... Good luck

4. nateman

nateman Junior Member

Is there any easy way you can determine if you have a valve problem or a pump problem?

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Will it stay up or does it leak down. As far as drop speed, yo can adjust the quill on back of E60. Also need to check the pressure, should be around 2000 psi.

6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

check oil

7. nateman

nateman Junior Member

I hooked it up today to work on it and now it raises up but it is a little on the slow side.

8. NickT

NickT Senior Member

If you turned the plow speed screw,one way makes it drop ,faster, the opposite way goes slower,. I have an E 60 and my adjustment screw was in the front of the unit

9. kimber750

Depending on the mount the E60 was mounted both ways, motor to left or right. The quill adjustment is below the A valve, just beside the filter plug. The quill on adjusts the drop speed. It does not affect anything else on the plow.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  10. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Wasn't trying to say you where wrong just letting the OP know it could be in the front, his 1st post says the plow just drops. Sometimes its hard to tell what the problem actually is with newbs. cheers

11. kimber750

You were 100% correct, it could be on the front. This why I tried to better explain the location of the quill adjustment.

Need a bit more info from OP to help with his issue.

12. nateman

nateman Junior Member

I replaced the pump today and that was the problem.