1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond controller help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TazLandscapes, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

I just got in from plowing and i was almost done when my controller doesnt turn on.i hooked my dads controller upto the truck connector and it isnt even turning on.But they both work on my dads truck.I need to get this thing working.i dont even have the money right now for a new one..My dad said it might be the solenoid but i want to ask the pros..

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If neither of the controllers worked that you have tried then you can bet you have a wiring problem, Sounds like the power wire for the controller fell out of the fuse panel or whatever the installer had it connected it to....

Follow the harness under the dash and you should find a black wire coming out of the harness. This is your power wire for the controller. It needs to be connected to a fuse in the fuse panel that is only hot with the ignition on... you can check it with a test light..

The other thing is there is a single orange ground wire that should come out of the harness under the hood and be connected to the neg side of the battery. Check this orange wire to make sure it has good ground..