1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond 8" plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dbtrue, Nov 23, 2009.

1. dbtrue

dbtrue Junior Member

I have an 8" diamond plow [815000175] on a 1989 F-250. I want to install it on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. Will I need new push plates? Also any other parts.
    Thanks, David:help:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll definitely need a mount. But if it's an old conventional mount you won't be able to purchase one for a truck that new. If it's a pull-away then you're good. A little heavy for a 1/2 ton truck though.

Will likely need a different headlamp adapter harness as well.
  3. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

As a former owner of a 2001 Dodge 1500 - Western 7 1/2' Pro plow I would not recommend putting that plow on that truck. I was putting a minimum of $1000.00 in front end parts on the truck every year, brakes, wheel bearing, front drive shafts.
  4. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

An 8" (inch) plow is a bit small for a full size truck. You may want to put some wings on it. :D

But to answer your question B&B has it right.