1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Development Bid's

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by spslandscaping, Sep 18, 2015.

1. spslandscaping

spslandscaping Junior Member

Hello, so I need some assistance with this one as it is my first development bid.

Development is made up of 26 condo's attached. 36 separate 1 car (side by side) driveways, a personal walkway, a common area lot and of course the main road itself. Road is approx mile half long with a culdasack at the end.

Now my quote will be SnowPlowing with walkway clearing included.

And a salting quote.

Any advice would help, thank you.
  2. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I would break it down into areas. How long to plow the rd, the driveways, Common areas, Ect. Get total equipment hours and multiply by your hourly rate. Do the same with the walks. In this business most of what we sell is time. If you can calculate your time you can have a good start on calculating your cost.
  3. spslandscaping

spslandscaping Junior Member

Can you PM me? Not sure how to do it on here, still getting use to the site.
  4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

You must have a minimum of 10 posts and be a member for atleast 10 days to PM someone.
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Your better off going by the hour, I do two mobile home parks, one is big and takes 4-5 hours minimum. You cant price it by the inch, with ice or hardpack you'll get burned. Salt is by the ton and in this case its $220/ton