1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Detroit, MI - Newbie...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snowman LLC, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Snowman LLC

Snowman LLC Junior Member

Just took a $5g loan... lined up to purchase sometime this week are a late 90's Ram 2500 4x4 with one year old Western straight blade, SnowDogg hitch type spreader and a 4x4 quad with utility trailer. Had to post up $1g of my own money but all equipment was in pretty good shape. The quad needs a blade and the carb rebuilt but a family member is going to handle the mechanics. Besides a few shovels and small clean up blower... does anyone recommend anything else? Im just getting started in the business and am looking to learn and sub for anyone in the metro Detroit area...

Thanks

2. Snowman LLC

s#!t, just thought of something how do I tow a quad on a trailer with a hitch spreader??? Anyone got any advice or tricks up their sleeves?

3. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Where in Detroit are you??....I might be looking for subs

4. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Also....You need insurance. You need to SHOW-UP everytime called out..and just work hard

5. brookline

brookline Senior Member

I'm looking to do some subbing for my first year. I am from downriver (riverview). I could use some advice on a plow. I'm looking for used but I don't kow enough about all the components to make sure I have everything included for the plow. I am looking for someone that could work with me and teach me some stuff. would appreciate the advice and help

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Helpful info

I have a comprehensive snow & ice management manual that is a complete guide to this business. Written by a snow guy for a snow guy! Whether you want to sub for a while or not, this manual will help you understand the snow & ice management business completely. Being in this industry myself since 1979, I can help you past a lot of school of hard knocks issues. Includes bidding, contracts, routing, deicing rates, material choices and much more.

7. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Brookline...Im in Trenton...So if you need help, let me know

8. Snowman LLC

Sorry about the delay guys, I was out of town on vacation with the family. I live in Wyandotte but am willing to travel anywhere in the general vicinity. While on vacation I ended up buying a nice 96 F250 Diesel but somewhere between now and Mid October still need to find a new/used plow. I am open to work if your interested in letting me do some sub work for you then we can work something out when the time approaches. Me email is removal@me.com let me know...

9. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

10. Snowman LLC

Still looking for a plow... what you got available?

11. brookline

brookline Senior Member

Awesome TJ thanks. I was ready to buy a 95 chevy 3500 with a 5yd dump and a western unimount for $3500 but someone snatched it up the second day it was posted for sale.:realmad:

12. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

looking for a job

Hey i live in southeast michigan (Grosse Ile). i noticed some of you guys are looking for subs. gimme an call @ 734 223 9302 or email @ ajslawnandsnow@aol.com

13. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

looking for a job

Hey i live in southeast michigan (Grosse Ile). i noticed some of you guys are looking for subs. gimme an call @ 734 223 9302 or email @ ajslawnandsnow@aol.com