1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Detroit, MI - equipment needed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Snowman LLC, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Snowman LLC

Snowman LLC Junior Member

Looking to get into the snow removal business. I am considering the purchase of a used late 90's Dodge Ram 2500 v10 ext cab 4x4 with newer but used commercial blade for $4500.00 Before I lock in on the purchase does anyone in the Detroit, MI area have a 3/4 1 ton truck with equipment for sale in the vicinity? Trying to stay in the $5,000 budget... Let me know Thanks
  2. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

craigslist would be your best bet not as many members come on till we get a little closer to winter good luck possible try a post on lawnsite.com
  3. Snowman LLC

Snowman LLC Junior Member

I've exhausted my search on craigslist unless I want to start driving over 100 miles to pick one up... but i will try lawnsite.com -Thanks
  4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Try the for sale section here. $5k is what a quality blade only costs. Hope you get something that isn't borken down so you aren't making repairs instead of money.