1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Detroit Lean

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by VMAX, May 8, 2002.

1. VMAX

VMAX Junior Member

hello,
    i have a `86 gmc 4+4 long bed and my truck has a leaning problem,it leans to the drivers side.
    it leans to the front to the back.it has never been in a wreck{yet}.
    any solutions??:p :p

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

OK, let me see if I understand this: Leaning to the driver side is obvious, but what about "it leans to the front to the back" ?

Does this mean the left front corner is low, the left rear corner, or is the truck "swaybacked"? (Frame bent, sagging in the middle)

Regardless, I would check for the following: Collapsing cab/rad saddle mounting points due to rust, tired or missing cab cushions (the rubber "doughnuts" at the mounting points, there are 2 on the rad saddle and 4 under the cab, tired or broken spring leaves, and on the pickup box collapsing crossers under the floor, again due to rust because they are just formed sheet metal, same as the cab/rad saddle mounting points.

It may well be a combination of more than one problem making the "lean" visible.

3. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Is that with or without the driver in the truck?? :D

J/K sorry I don't have any useful advice !