1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Designing/Building the Ultimate Plow Setup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by River Hill, Sep 26, 2002.

1. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

I need some help. I am getting ready to order a F350 Powerstroke Diesel, 6' Bed, Extended cab truck. I was going to order a regular F350 or a Crew, but the regular cab won't let me hual the kids in the summer and the Crew Cab with Diesel is a little too big. What options would you order. The truck is going to be a XLT.

Now the big question, what plow and tailgate spreader would you put on this truck? I am in MD, and as most of you know we don't get much snow. But when it does, people are always calling.

I am thinking of a V Plow as I have used one in the past. The only thing I did not like was the trail of snow down the middle. Are all V Plows like this?

2. RYAN SMITH

RYAN SMITH Junior Member
    from PA

Brian,
    After being in the snow business for many years we have mostly used MEYER OR BOSS plows.As of last year we started using only BLIZZARD plows i feel they are much heavier duty.If you like ,you could take a look at them on our website.
    RYAN
    WWW.WINTERWEATHERSERVICES.COM
    MAGIC SALT DISTRIBUTOR

3. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

hey,
    I would recomend a western plow at 9ft or a fisher V plow.
    with a flink tail gate spreader. iv seen the fisher V plow with a
    flink tail gate spreader and they look *sharp*.
    thanks,

ultimate lawns and more,

4. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

Plow

I love the Blizzard 810 Plow it is a plowing machine.
    Also Fisher is very good.
    Both are very heavy duty, and with that power stroke you will have a Snow Plowing Beast!!:)

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've got the Blizzard 810 on my '01 F-350 too. I opted the plow package, tow package, automatic, and heavy duty suspension.

6. dbtoe

dbtoe Junior Member

I have only had Westerns and really like them. Don't forget to get seat warmers on the truck. :)

7. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

Brians I drive a 97 f350 psd 4x4 ,I bought a boss v plow 9'2 back in 97 I also was very upset by the two inch line of snow missed in the middle of every pass!I returned to my local boss dealer complaining about the problem,after some discussion i was made aware of option that was welded in that relieved about 90% of the problem ( a cost of about $100.00 to me) I also noticed next years moldel came through with a cone shaped center piece which I believe corrected this problem, and all the newer v plows seem to have similiar center pieces.