1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Derailment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tuxx, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I know this is unrelated but how often does a CSX Train Derail close to home,It was bound for Selkirk,NY.

Train Derailment 10-10-07 008.jpg

Train Derailment 10-10-07 020.jpg

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i think this is the one i saw on cnn the other day. carrying some pretty nasty stuff too right? not cool.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

OMG- was it carrying any Haz Mats?

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I heard it was carrying ethanol, propane, and some other stuff. It is too close to the marshlands we have here so they are going to let it burn out versus putting it out. I drove by it today and it was still burning

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Looks like a big mess. Is that corn spilled everywhere?

6. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Yes, the corn was in the box cars.

7. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

first close pics i have seen of that mess. My mom lives on Jackson in Mentor, and says it smells pretty bad out there.

8. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

That's CSX for ya.

Crash
    Spill
    eXplode

9. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

CSX has has some pretty nasty accidents this past year..... I have also noticed that they are doing allot of work to the tracks in my area now..

10. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

The derailment actually didn't end up being toxic. There were several chemicals onboard but nothing was threatened. They evacuated but everyone was back the next day. They called in over 20 fire departments , some from over 25 miles away that night for nothing. Bunch of my buddies got called in and they played cards all afternoon and relieved the lake county guys over night and eventually let the thing die out on it's own.