1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Denver Metro Storm 11/28-11/29 about 2 inches of the wet.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by MileHigh, Nov 29, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I about puked waiting in anticipation for this storm, but was quickly relieved when I was called out to check the lots. I'm a sub by the way, I have one of my own accounts that I sub out to another company.

Here are some pics of a couple of parking garages that I do....snow is going to stick to these real easy all year, since the lots are elevated 4 or 5 floors of the ground, with just open more parking underneath.

I have some vids too that I will try to post up later..

It seemed as if I was bit rusty operating the plow for the first 5 minutes or so...almost as if I couldn't believe I finally got a storm or somethin, then It all just kicked right in.

This is in Golden, Co by the way.

Hope you guys enjoy.

2. MileHigh

Here are some more...

3. MileHigh

It isn't much....but much better than nothin.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  4. jryden145

jryden145 Member

So once those snow piling areas are full, do you haul the snow away, or blow it over the side or what?
  5. MileHigh

skid steers and a sterling dump that the contractor brings....

He parks the dump below and the skids toss the snow over the edge and 4 stories down.
  6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

That cant be EZ on the dump
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics, im glad you got some snow. I thought you had some offices building in the Denver metro area? i thought i saw pics of that last year. Nice job...looks nice and clean. Your truck looks perfect for the area....and picture perfect shots!
  8. MileHigh

Thanks, you did see that last year, different route this season

I'm a sub...got assigned to Golden, which is good since the city of Golden gets more snow than Denver.

I consider Golden to be in the Denver Metro area.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  9. TEX

TEX Senior Member

thanks for the awsome pics
  10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Why? Whats wrong with your truck? Looks perfect for the job. The place looks clean.
  11. MileHigh

^^^It can't hold any weight...I'm stressing out about this salt spreader I "need" to buy being to big for my truck....I'm still going to buy it though, if something breaks, I'll be forced to buy something new, just can't justify another truck right now unless I "need" it.

thanks guys,
  12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

The only good thing is that trucks are real cheap now.....its the time to buy!
  13. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

Looks like fun Nice Pics!
  14. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

nice pictures
  15. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

the 97&up ford f-150's are bad notorious for " 'not being able to hold weight" i'be want to replace it too. nice pics.
  16. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Oh, how I miss Colorado. I'll be back...
  17. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

Nothing really to speak of here in South Denver, My jobs are all in the Tech Center. Maybe well get some more tonight, calling for a 80% chance of snow late and a wintry mix for tomorrow.

I'll send the 3 legged measuring stick out around 3am ;)

18. MileHigh

here is a little vid.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxaQCRRswUA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxaQCRRswUA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  19. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

That place looks like a real pita! Only a few small places to put snow. No thanks, I'll stay away from elevated lots.
  20. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

What is that lame music?