1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dentists

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by big acres, Oct 7, 2009.

1. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Is it just me or has the American dental Association put out a bulletin to all dentists saying:

a. Wait until the second week of October... you'll get lower prices.
    b. Once you have lower prices, chisel some more.

We had three of these dental scenarios this week, and having just put $590 into my kid's mouth for an hour of work this morning, I gotta wonder.:realmad:

2. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

I know the feeling. My youngest son is 4 and he had 7 cavities. Cost me $1000 to have them all filled.. the worst part is.. they will all fall out as he gets older.. now thats a crock of crap

3. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

That's not the way it works for my business. My routs are nearly full and If someone is going to sign on they are going to pay more, not less. So go ahead ADA and advise your dentists to wait out longer. All you are going to do is end up paying in one way or the other, or your clients are going to pay. Like when you don'nt have a reputable company to service your site and your customers can't get in or out of the lot. They (ADA) are going to hold out for a couple weeks, to save what, $5's an hour. I have an easy way to solve this problem. I'll plow your lot for an hour and one min. And now look wise guy, you are paying for two hours instead of one, and you could of just been responsible and lined up services accordingly instead of dragging your feet and pissing me off. Now who's the winner. :laughing: wesport :laughing: wesport

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know man, I had one dental office sends me theirs back within 2 days of receiving the contract. I have another dental office that never sends theirs back until the end of October, but they don't haggle or anything, been a great customer for over 10 years, just busy...

5. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Had one bid at 340 per month year round lawn and snow, counter bid was 250 but they knew we serviced the bank next door and shared an entrance. I go out and draw a 290 inbetween the two numbers... office manager says she'll check with the dentist (foreign, says a lot I know). Calls back next day and he offers..... 260! I laughed out loud and said now way, but thanks. To my surpise she says let me talk to him again. Calls back and says how much for just the snow, no lawn? Worked some numbers and said 340. They signed... better have for a low price that I only gave due to having a truck right there already.

probably guessed I meant to post this thread under commercial, not elements.