1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dentco and Springwise...Where did they go?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Nov 4, 2014.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Are they still in business? 5 years ago tehy called me all the time and now I never hear from them. Id they lose most of theiur national work?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Name change most likely to rip off new contractors

3. als06

als06 Junior Member
    from 18013

springwise out of south bend contacted me a few weeks ago about maintaining Rite Aid stores in PA for 3 years. contract was seasonal rate. my #1 rule is no seasonal rate so I declined. This was the first time I heard of springwise so I guess their still in business.

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Springwise is taking over Home Depot starting March 1st. Seasonal rate is ok with me for sweeping but they have to pay up front.
    Springwise is noted for been slow paying but usually do get you your money. 45 days out. of all the NSP they seem to have the fewest complaints.

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We do a rite aid for springwise, seasonal, they had offered more then we would have quoted. Seemed slow (no) pay at first, didn't submit the invoices correctly. Once we got them in got 2 checks within a couple weeks. Pretty happy with the account. If they have the Home Depot we might just go after it also. The guy that has it now don't like us and it will send him into a vapor lock.

6. procut

procut Senior Member

Dentco is still around as far as I know. Had them call last year; haven't heard from them this season but I believe they are doing a few gas stations around here.

7. goinggreen

goinggreen Senior Member

Im looking at getting in to some commercial work. I havent heard from Dentco yet. I know they have a office just down the road from me. I might look more into springwise.

8. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Working for nationals is digging your own grave. SMH

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I joined up with Springwise. Price is better then Brickman
    Contract be here Monday
    For the summer work Winter time wont happen till fall time I wont know till then on the price they going to offer.

10. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Dentco has all the Speedways here

11. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

I do work for dentco , did a kohls for 9 years .seasonal .they lost that a few years back .I still do a payless shoe stoe for them .pay is good .just a lot of paper work .and pay is 60 days out .still good to work with,i have always got payed .in the last 15 years I think they didn't pay for 1 salting I did .

12. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Same here, we did a large bank for spring wise. The pay was way better than what we would have quoted. Never really heard from them, we did our thing and they sent payment every 45-60 days. Great to work for.
    I've also heard good things about Dentco, although never worked for them. I think these two are for sure on the higher end of national providers

13. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Fixed it for you

14. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Lol ^^^^

Yeah Theyre still in business (Dentco) at least.. They called me about a Local Chipotle and A few Khols last year LATEEEE for snow!

Why even take an account thats going to pay in 60 days?!?!
    By the 60th day, that money has already been spent.. I Don't Know, Guess it just doesn't seem worth while to me!

15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I know some companies cant wait 60 days for there money. That's ok there be less people trying get them jobs.
    I have one is about a 90 day turn around.
    During slow months I still have a big check coming in.

16. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

after 30 year of working for myself I have no problem waiting on the green .its nice to see them checks in march, April and may ,and the seasonal was nice , the money is their weather it snows or not . all the rest of my accounts are 2 weeks to 30 days .no big deal .1 out of 9 years i didn't make a( profit )off of kohls .i don't miss it at all though ,i am right where i want to be for now .the right national companys can give you more work than you can handle if your not careful .then you will run into paper work proplems and not get the green. 1 i work for pays very good .bank 12 years and still not i missed payment, i will keep them to myself...

17. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

dentco is a great one to work for. they've never shorted us and payment has never been late. we used to do all the M&TS until they took over and then they continued to have us do it so it has been a long time i cant remember how long. but anybody that works for dentco, did you do that stupid my dentco training? dumbest thing ive ever been required to do. it was common sense. half the time i just yelled at the computer

18. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL... Haven't done it.. Figured season almost over, i'll do it if they throw me some grounds contracts