1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Denali HD truck pull, Triple L vs RG Peel

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

So me and Grant had a little bet going on to see who would when a truck pull

He has a 2004 Superduty 6.0L F350 with 4.10 gears, brand new tires and a ppe tuner set to level 10

I have a 2012 Denali HD duramax with 3.73 gears and h&s tuner set to 150hp above stock

Sure enough I won but not by much... Grants truck did extremely well, I pretty much cleaned up at the pull with my Denali, I beat out 42 out of 47 nice done up trucks, sat in the winners podium for about 2 hours until some really nice trucks which ran in the 10,000 lbs open diesel class as well came along and kicked me out

My Pull
    http://youtu.be/de2HPkbzJJw

Grants Pull
    http://youtu.be/PvDW0pR9cf8

Im sure Grant will follow thru on the bet with pictures later on...

Best part is our trucks didnt break and we both drove home, just one of us not as happy as the other LOL

Be sure to stay tuned, I'll be posting pics of my build up of the "ultimate plow truck" with my new Denali :drinkup:

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Chad I couldn't see pulling with that truck already.

Not much of a bet pulling against the Ford. :drinkup:

My truck turned 75,000 today, maybe time for an upgrade.

3. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

I assure you, the pics will be posted. I have a lot on my plate, so its gonna take a couple days. But I lost fair and square, and I was the one who made the terms of the bet so there will be no welching!!! It was a good time lastnight.

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Nice clean pull TRIPLE L diesels are made to be used and abused!! Plus you still have warranty!! HA HA !!:laughing:tymusic:drinkup:,

5. Triple L

from Canada

CET - I couldnt go from having the quickest truck out of all of my friends to the slowest... Remember, Young, Wild and Free haha, I bet you can remember that time

I should add my truck only has 3000 KM's on it LOL

My new favorite pic

Snapshot 1 (28-07-2012 12-58 PM).png

6. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

I should add that mine has 340 000 kms on it! lol. I would have felt a lot better going down the track if I knew that there was a warranty card in the glovebox! All I could think about going down the track was my mechanic telling me that the rear diff has a bit of play at the yoke. I expect to be on the butt end of a lot of jokes for losing, but I would never live down scattering rear end parts all over the track!!

I couldn't believe how many drivers refused to accept where their trucks stopped! A couple kept their foot on the floor even when the tires weren't spinning and they weren't moving! A few others let their wheels keep spinning until the hole they were in loaded the truck up enough to make the tranny try to drop another gear. Dave pointed out that a lot of them wait until the flagman tells them to stop. While this was only my second truck pull as a driver, I have watched enough to know that when you're no longer moving, the truck rarely picks up momentum and pulls the sled again!

7. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

And the specs should read that mine's an 05 not 04.

8. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Wow R G PEEL,you have more guts then me!! My 98 dodge diesel with 338,000 klms would have left rusted broken parts scattered everywhere!!!tymusic:laughing::drinkup:

9. Triple L

from Canada

We should add Grants truck weighted in at 8800lbs and myn at 8200 lbs... Most trucks couldn't get more then mid 230's

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I like your new truck Chad.....that'll be one comfortable plow truck.

11. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty nice ride chad, now that you got the first pull out of the way you just gotta get the first scratch out of the way, then it'll be a real work truck.:D

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pull!!

13. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Grant told me he was only in two wheel drive.

Nice pulls guys.

14. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looks like fun guys!!! I would like to try a pull with my new 6.7 ford as the 6.0's I have owned have all been less than impressive.

15. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

haha - I love the commentary -

16. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Isn't that still the break in period.....haha. Nice Pull

17. Triple L

from Canada

Its got over 100 hrs on it, sounds like enough time for the pistons to slap around to me, I don't care anyways, Just drive the thing hahaha

18. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

3000km divided by 100 hrs....wow you do drive slow. :waving::waving: hahaha

19. Triple L

from Canada

Keep telling yourself that haha

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes while driving with Chad I think to myself it might have been quicker if I walked. Old ladies pass him and flip him the bird. LOL