1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Demon Plow Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2low, Jan 14, 2011.

1. 2low

2low Member

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

looks like an amazing concept!
  3. 2low

2low Member

that's what i thought i like the fact of theirs still a full trip action, as well you can pull the wing back to allow for wind rowing
  4. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I came across these a little while back. They look like a great product. I wonder if they work on a vee blade...
  5. 2low

2low Member

i am interested to see how well these work
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Junk IMO...But that is my opinion...
  7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i agree with burkart, they just appear to be cheap.
  8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

What the hell are they made out of? Looks like big poly cutting boards.
  9. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Wow, $650.00 :eek:

I can say if they are made from UHMW ( Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene ) that is some of the toughest stuff out there.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  10. 2low

2low Member

well its the only thing i can see working with my full trip arctic poly plow
  11. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Actually, Pro Wings work fine with a full trip moldboard. The metal is cut up at an angle, the cutting edges are rubber, and they don't angle forward as much as you might think, so if the blade trips the rubber flexes with no problems. I've always run full trip plows and my wings, whether fabricated or manufactured (as in Pro Wings) have never given problems in 6 years.
  12. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

+ 1 , Pro wings are way cheaper, the rubber allows the trip.
    I like the angle of the Pro wing to the mull board more then the 90 degree angle of the Demon wing.
    Plus you never really get to see how they attach to the blade.
    Just kind of cheap/hokie looking.

I can't find anything else about them except his E-bay auctions and his Youtube videos.
    Maybe he is making them in his garage and selling them.
    Any factory support / warranty ?
    Manufacture website ?
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  13. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

In that video one of them jams up when he takes it to the curb. Theres not even any snow involved. And from the side views it looks like there are two connection points to the moldboard. I would definitely have to take a free test run in 8" of heavy stuff to be sold.
  14. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Count me out.
  15. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like "turkey wings" that someone designed a few years back....
  16. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

So, based on those with the experience of using wings on their plow what would they need to be good? I just found these today and thought they would be a good compromise for many- IF they work, but for his prices it's too much to gamble. The video where he cleans a (light snow) strip of a storage unit complex is impressive compared to a straight blade - I have no experience with wings of any kind.

What would they need to be made of, or what would they need in your opinion? (Thinking of designing my own set...)
  17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

In my opinion, wings are most useful when they add width and containment.

Those look like they belong on a kid's Tonka truck. Plastic has it's place, but I don't feel that it is for snowplow wings. Cutting edges, sure.
  18. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

They are definitely interesting, and yes they are nearly identical to the Turkey Wings that used to be available... We run Pro-Wings, the only time they come off is the one truck they have to be removed to squeeze into its tight parking spot in the shop, and the other truck with wings they get taken off one time the whole storm for a 1/4 mile long gravel driveway that has hairpin turns with hills and trees very close to the drive... I'd rather leave em on for that drive so the tires don't go through as much snow (if any) when turning tight, and it would push the snow back further, but there is one tight turn at the bottom of a steep hill, the trees on both sides are too close to clear with wings, barely make it up the hill with the snow the 8' blade carries may not make it with extra amount of snow using wings and the wings would be too wide to fit....

For the most part the Pro-Wings fit the bill great for us. There's a couple large lots that windrowing is not an option, the snow must be piled at one end, the one lot we put several trucks at once there and we have the skidsteer with push box there so when the windrows get large the skidsteer pushes them to the end. The other lot I do with one truck and could REALLY use a box of sorts there or a V plow... I spend too much time moving blade fulls of snow to the other end of the lot in one pile... It would really suck without wings but some box ends would be killer.. I'd really like to have a Blizzard 8611 on a 1 ton reg cab long bed but the boss won't go for it LOL
  19. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

those are the same price as most factory wings. seems kinda expensive for what they are
  20. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I love the bungee cord looking return springs. Or are those to keep em from popping off when they are pushing too much snow? Either way it would look ridiculous driving down the road with those.

"Increases productivity and cuts plowing time down by up to 50%!" - I would like to see this.

"Self adjusting to contour of pavement!" - Just like the cutting edge?

"Greatly increases snow carrying capacity of your plow!" - Until they blow out like the steel ones do except these wont bend....they will just blow out along with the hardware and swivel point.

They guy that makes them is a member on here. Im making my own for a helluva alot cheaper and more rigid.