1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Demo'ed a Boss today.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Pinky Demon, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Or more like, took a ride with a guy who knew what he was doing.

I am here to say, I doubt the Boss no longer. It seems like a very well designed plow. The direct lift is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and the Smart Touch controller is actually very, very intuitive and very nicely laid out. My only complaint? The cost a lot, and I want a 8' 2" V-XT. :p

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That's what I have and don't have any regrets about it

3. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

just got a brand new 8-2 V XT love it looks great works great could not ask for a better plow truck handles it very well. Like you had said the cost is a little much but i think that it is well worth it!

4. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I have had my VXT for 2 years now and I love it works great and wouldnt own anything different

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If cost is an issue, look around for a used one......got a screamin deal on my 9.2 VX-T last summer.

6. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

No regrets on mine.
    I love the fact that you can put it on and take it off in 2 minutes.

7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I have 3 boss plows and love them all. I will be picking up 2 more trucks this year and they will both be getting boss plows

8. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

got my 8'2" v-xt for 1500 under list and love it so far

9. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

How'd you manage that?

10. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

it was an 08 model and i bought it back in feb and my friend bought a twin to mine so we managed and we bought them at JD Equipment in Marion Ohio

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Pinky, I have a 2003 9'2" Poly V w/smartlocks that was used for two seasons, that I would consider selling if you are looking to save a little money. Stored indoors year-round.

12. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

If you stop and drink a beer, otherwise its less than that!

13. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Alright. I'm interested. Shoot me a price via visitor pages. I really don't know why this site does not support private messaging.

14. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

True that. line it up, plug it in and go! I love it and the smart touch is awesome. I ran a joystick last week and it was nice also!!

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol, thats what im hoping to do. Usually in the spring we pickup the plows used if possible 2yrs or newer for what we think we'll be running the next year.

Looking for a backup 8-9 footer straight, a 9.2v xt and probably another 9.2

we have a 8.2xt , its nice but always wished i got the 9 right off the bat.