1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Demo Toro 7210 w/ Polar Trac

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by gottaloveOT, Mar 31, 2010.

1. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

Just got this today as a demo unit. Kinda late for winter testing but who cares. It has a Turbo Diesel too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Thanks awesome, Never seen anything like that with over the tire tracks

3. gottaloveOT

4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Someone just posted about those. How is it?

5. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

Looks like it would be nice for light snowfalls on sidewalks

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Approx. price tag on the machine you tested? It looks real slick and i bet that motor sounds pretty neat when that turbo is winding up! If you've still got it, could you get some pics, or a pic of the motor?

7. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Looks cool, crazy that its driven like a ZTR. Toro sure dod borrow a lot of stuff from their Z masters!!

8. gottaloveOT

It seems to be fine. We can't really use it since there is no snow but I drove it around in the gravel and it seems pretty nimble. If the implement is up it can get bouncy and buck like a skid steer but if it is flat ground it drives fine.

They make a V plow and a straight blade as well as a snowblower and the pictured broom. I think it would be fine in deep stuff too.

I'm not really sure yet. The salesman is supposed to email me quotes. I think the government price that we get the machine is around $18,000. That is 25% off. I'm not sure what the Polar Trac or attachments would cost.

It is a Z master. You just take the deck off and attach the cab and the front 4 tires. It does double duty as mower and snow machine.

9. gottaloveOT

Just received this today. TODAY! WTF? We ordered it LAST March.

You should have seen the POS it replaced.

[​IMG]

10. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

that little Toro...is it 6X6? That's a neet little machine!!

11. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

Hope the price tag reflected the YEAR you waited for this....Very nice pusher!!

12. gottaloveOT

It is only driven by the rear wheels. The front 4 are just bogie wheels.

The reason we waited so long is our request has to go through a bunch of people first. Then once the request gets signed, they have to get bids. The first bid was for a truck with air brakes which we didn't want. So they had to re-bid again. The next bid was screwed up too. Finally they got a correct bid. When they built the truck they made it too long for the spreader and had to cut the frame down to fit. I think they had to cut the spreader too. I don't know.

We finally got it and it is nice.

13. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Hello, I was trying to figure out were that shop is from the pictures. I'm in Delta township. Is that Lansing township that you work for?

14. gottaloveOT

I work for the State. The shop is at the back of the secondary complex.

15. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

Oh I see...you work for the state lol...it didnt dawn on me.

Why no air brakes? Does it take a special licence like over here to drive the air brakes where you're at?? I know over in Quebec and Ontario you have to be certified for air brakes so the municipalities and counties buy a lot of hydrolic brakes trucks so they don't have to pay for certifiing the drivers.

16. gottaloveOT

To drive a truck over 25,999lbs you have to have a Commercial Driver License. If the truck has air brakes, you have to have a CDL with air brake endorsement. We didn't want to have that requirement for the employees.

17. MaxPower1971

MaxPower1971 Member

Yeah that's what I thought....Must be nice working for the State....you guys must get top of the line stuff all the time...

18. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

That emblem on the door of the truck looks like the ones they have on the MIOSHA dodge sprinters I see around every once and a while. What department of the state do you work for?

19. gottaloveOT

We can get new vehicles every 10 years. They are leased from another company. If the vehicles are still good after the 10 years, we can keep them and pay a fee that makes the leasing company cover maintenance and repairs which is nice. We only put in for new stuff when we need it, like the dump truck. The one we had was a 94 and the bed was toast. I don't think the floor would have held up another winter, the metal was coming off in 1/4" flakes.

The mail and delivery services use the sprinters a lot too. They deliver mail all over the state.

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Since when? What class?

There is no such thing.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010