1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

demo bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 09dieselguy, Oct 22, 2012.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

hey guys i have a quick bid i would like to get togather for a new clients property he has bought.

he has contacted me to tear down a building down to the base level floor. it is currently 2 level with a single plan roof. all the sheeting is to be stacked on site to be burned at a later date. all of the studs are to be saved and stacked on site as well to be used at a later date for a hunting cabin.

the general demensions of the building are as followed,

12'x22' lower level
    14'x24' upper level.

2''x6'' framing with rotted lumber.

i can get into the property with equipment to to make ease of the lifting and moving of materials. property damage is not a concern as we will be redoing the landscape at a later date and can level off any ruts.

i am very capeable of doing this work with proper insurance and equipment/tools.

what kind of bids would you toss out?

just want to make sure im in the ball park
  2. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

hmm. First thing is to make sure you have a demo permit if you need one where you live. Then be sure all the utilities are OFF and DISCONNECTED. then figure how long u think itll take and multiply by 2 then multiply that by your hourly rate for labor. get some pricing for roll off containers, figure out how many you think you'll need and multiply that by 2 as well. they fill up quick. don't forget to add in time to move and stack the material he wants to keep. be sure to plan it out to minimize moving stuff 800 times. add it all up and add a lil bit "just in case" and hope for the best

demo is easy with a machine. Even a decent mini ex. with a grapple or thumb will really help u out. but plan to do some grunt work too by hand, especially if he's planning to reclaim the lumber. Don't get caught burning the shingles, if that's what the roof has on it. plan for those to go in the dumpster.