1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Demand for a grasshopper 928D with 5' plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by suzuki4life, Dec 6, 2006.

1. suzuki4life

suzuki4life Junior Member

Is there any commerical demand for this machine and an operator? I know guys with trucks often get subed in. I was just wondering if this would be possible with me and my machine.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

maybe a large side walk, but not for doing anything large.
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I could possibly us a sidewalk guy. How far are you from Novi and would you travel there.
  4. suzuki4life

im in auburn hills and im not really willing to travel down. Sorry

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I use that plow and a 722D. I do very small lots, 8 spaces, a couple of driveways and a bunch of large sidewalks/commercial entry stoops with it. My plow mounting tabs that were attached to the mold board snapped off the other day. Over-extended the trip springs and bent something else when i hit an angled parking stop...talk about a fast stop!
  6. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

That's the problem with the atv plows. I run a Ford front mount 6' mower. I take the mower off for winter and put a John Deere plow. It's heavy duty and the Ford is four wheel drive and diesel.

I push that machine to the limit just doing snow with crust... you know, maybe 6 to 8" deep crust. Can't see how an atv would do anything. The ford is sometimes on it's knees and I'm asking more of it...lol ;)
  7. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I havent tried plowing with my quad, But I did use it to get my S-10 unstuck once.
    And about killed myself doing it.
    I put a snatch strap on it and got a short run, it moved the truck at least 3 foot.
    but the quad stood right up then shot backwards. LOL
  8. suzuki4life

when you say mold board what do you mean? on the plow or the mounting points on the machine?

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Where the eyelets are welded on the plow and the frame bolts to the plow. The machine is just fine.