1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Delmarva Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Weather' started by hightop, Dec 24, 2010.

1. hightop

hightop Member

Well, I thought I'd start a thread for those of us in Delaware, Maryland & Northern Virginia so we could bi#@% about the weather too!

Got a call Tuesday to be ready to plow Friday & Saturday, then it was moved to Sunday & Monday, now it looks like I'm gonna leave the plow in the yard. No ice yet either, but of course it's very early in the season for us.

Saw a few people pushing lots last week with that 3/4" event we had, I don't know what kind of trigger they have in their contracts, but if they're getting paid for it, more power to them!

2. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

got up this am and the NWS has posted a winter storm watch... depends who you listen to but i'm doing the snow dance... we will see how it plays out...

3. hightop

hightop Member

Yes, it sounds much more promising this morning, It's amazing how many times they've changed the forecast for this one storm!

4. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

hey use this site ... www, footsforecast.org its should help ya out with a better forecast for around md,va,dc,del, easternshore area!

5. mferrari

mferrari Member

Just checking into the thread. I'm in the Salisbury area from what I am reading we should see around 6".

6. gallden

gallden Member

You guys think we'll get anything from this storm?

7. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

we are supposed to have a narrow band coming thru this am.. about an inch they say. maybe i can toss some salt this am.. the one early next week might be promicing but you know haw that goes. especially with a costal storm

8. 1742

1742 Junior Member

Ok, today was a bust. What about this coming Tuesday? Forecasters are talking about maybe some decent accumulation. We work for VDOT in the Gainesville area.

9. hightop

hightop Member

Hopefully we'll get something plowable!

10. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Today was VERY disappointing!:realmad: We were in the 3"-6" range and got an inch. I salted so heavy yesterday that I screwed myself out of payup today...everything melted right away! LOL The one contract we have is hilly and I had some extra material left so we just put it down. I wouldn't do that again!

Oh well there's always the Tuesday/Wednesday storm.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  11. gallden

gallden Member

What are you hearing for that one?

12. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

I've heard anything from 2-4 all the way up to 18-24. Who knows....... I think/hope we are going to get hammered.

13. 1742

1742 Junior Member

They are just teasing now saying maybe "measurable" snowfall. They are also saying there could be rain/ice mixed. They really don't know much except were getting something it seems like.
    Doin' the snow dance:yow!:

14. gallden

gallden Member

Accuweather is saying snow rain for us 2.4 inches to be exact, probably just rain.

15. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

also doing the snow dance here :yow!:

16. mferrari

mferrari Member

Looks like a mix mess down here in Salisbury...

17. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

they just changed my forcast from 2-5 to about ans inch of sleet.. this sucks

18. tmcbroo

tmcbroo Junior Member

yes this sucks, spent 300 on the truck today for a small leak in the rad, did not want any problems, but anyway it fixed, hope it snows soon, i'm bored here in milford delaware.....:
    (

19. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

Yea def just sleet and a bit of snow. This big storm missed us.

20. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

was not a good event for me. wasted time gearing up for snow... no snow... so i go out to salt and electric spreader motor locks up after one job site... not good night