1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deleted "Snow Plowing" Page From Web Site

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by thelettuceman, Jan 10, 2015.

1. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

One man show running @ 100% capacity. I want to stay a one man operation. Do not want the expense, overhead & headaches of employees and additional equipment.

I could be the only one that does not want to show up in a search engine. Have any of you pulled your "snow plow" page down?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can always tell them your booked. When you do that ,they might not be able to see your other services.

3. thelettuceman

Web site is still up. I just deleted that one page.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Change the number to 716 684 7165.

5. grandview

But of they were looking at your webpage for plowing they might see your other services. Now you don;t show up and they don't see what else you offer, Don't be paranoid.

6. grandview

Buy into my franchise

7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I leave it there all the time. I am Booked Full but --------- Like the call I just got - they are leaving for a month and need the snow cleaned off. I have 24 hour after it stops to do it. So that mean the next day or last, But I will not get any complaints from them.

8. thelettuceman

I could the page back up and link to Grandview's website ... wait ... I'll ruin my reputation !!!

9. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

So lettuce man, I can't help but think " what if there is a bigger fish out there" is there someone willing to pay double for your service? Is that one client out there that happens to be filthy rich? If you delete it you may never know. What is the harm in creating a desire to be your client by telling callers your extra full? Create your own demand.

10. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I would leave it up. Potential client finds your site and calls you.

PC: "I'd like to hire you to do my snow removal"

Lettuce: "I'm sorry ma'am but I'm already booked for the season. I cannot take on any more clients without risking not providing good service to everyone"

PC: "Oh, ok. Thank You" *click"

PC: (Thinking to herself while looking at your website) "He must do good work at reasonable prices. I see here he also does (X service that PC anticipates needing in the spring). I think I'll try him back then.

11. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Ding ding ding. X2 on this one.

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Im book my rate doubles

I can always make room for yearly contracts They ask for a price on there drive and there lawn. I will take it no matter if I'm book on snow Summer time is where the money is

13. thelettuceman

Working on putting it back up now

14. thelettuceman

Page is back up. Not really the page that I want. The page designer does not work the way I want it to. Has a mind of it's own