1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

delete kit?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by eastender, Nov 3, 2011.

1. eastender

eastender Junior Member

any one here with a 7.5 or a 08 2500 6.7 diesel use a programmer and delete kit with straight pipe if so any problems or thoughts on it thanks
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm running a H&S 5 inch turbo back exhaust and xrt pro programmer on my '11. No problems here.
  3. jamiller830

jamiller830 Junior Member

I,m running an H&S mini maxx,H&S egr and cooler delete, and 4" turbo back exhaust on my 08 ,best thing I ever did truck runs great.I plugged the DPF plowing last year and I wasn't going to let that happen again.Do the deletes,you wont regret it!
  4. jmorgan71587

jmorgan71587 Junior Member
    from pa

Did them about 5000 ago had problems with check engine light constantly on even dealer couldnt get it off. They would clean dpf egr all that and it would be out for a day. They finally said then were going to have to contact dodge about it. I had been thinking about doing it and once i herd that i said screw it. Ordered and installed later that week. They called next monday saying they had a fix for me that might work from dodgeI told them sorry i got it out on my own. Iwentfrom 17mpg if lucky to easly 21+ mpg. Oh and havent had any lights or overhead messages since. Truck runs 10x smother also. Love the high idle feature of the smarty.
  5. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Dont own a dodge, but I did the same thing to my dmax. Was the best decision I made with my truck. Next for me is the egr block.

I recommend this to any contractor with a newer diesel who has had it back to the dealer more then once which dpf and egr issues.
  6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm still only getting about 12.5 mpg, 16.5 highway. I do more city driving but overall it's mixed. I was averaging 16.5, 22 highway on my 06. My 2011 only has 10,600 miles on it so I'm hoping it will get better over time. One guys told me he had the same problem until he hit 40K.
  7. eastender

eastender Junior Member

great feed back , i been up in the air about this, checking out diff set ups , and all i keep hearing is do it, with the 5.9 people say smarty is the cats meow and the 6.7 i heard the h and s xrt work good thanks its always nice to hear a few more thoughts on something you are about to go buy , going sat morning with a buddy who works on diesel i cant wait.......................................
  8. jmorgan71587

jmorgan71587 Junior Member
    from pa

I went with Flo Pro 5 in turbo back no muffler, Sinister egr and cooler delete, afe bladerunner cold ir intake, and the Smarty Sr ME (ME is needed when you delete).
    Have the smarty set at sw3. Exhaust brake will work alot better also. It is very nice plowing with the exhaust brake when driving site to site with plow and about 1000 lbs of salt i run the exhaust brake and tow haul(so the TC locks up longer and exhaust brake will kick in all the way down to 1st)
  9. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Member

Check out cumminsforum dot com. They have a ton of information on deletes and the 6.7L. Before you post you should use the search function, there are hundreds of threads about the subject. There are mixed opinions on which is best (Smarty & H&S) but either way you go you wont be disappointed. When I finally delete my 2010 I'll probably be going with a H&S Mini-Max, Sinister EGR delete and a 5" Flo-Pro turbo back in stainless. Good luck.
  10. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

friend did one on his 08 or 09 and got 7-8 mpg more on agerage and more power