1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Delayed Reverse(automatic)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Garet, Apr 28, 2001.

1. Garet

Garet Senior Member

Whenever I shift into reverse it takes about 2 seconds before it kicks in. Doesn't take as long when it is warmed up. What causes this? The tranny has never once slipped gears and when i shift into any other gear it goes in almost instantly. I heard its normal for TH350's.

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

No idea what causes it, but anytime I've had a tranny going into gear slow it was getting ready to go west soon.
  3. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

hum...is it only in reverse because thats the first gear you shift into to back out of a driveway or something...both my trucks have started this recently...from what i understand they are both probably gonna go out on me soon...sounds like same problem i have and someone told me its the torque converter going out :(
  4. Garet

Garet Senior Member

Well, the torque converter is no problem to replace. Pretty cheap too.