1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Delaware's 12.19.09 storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by bad69bird, Dec 21, 2009.

1. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Here's a few pics I took from the storm...
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good .How many times did you plow that lot?
  3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

looked like one hell of a storm.. I remember the 23" we got here a couple years back. I think most places we plowed 3-4 times.. Usually everyone gets a salt occurence here after plowing. We pretty much didn't salt at all till it was over
  4. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

LOL...not mine. I belive they plowed it twice though. It was near a condo complex my buddy and I do. I stopped there to relieve myself and saw that HUGE Amereican flag and thought it would make a great pic.

We got 15-21" depending where you were within New Castle County. We plowed everything 3-4 times too and then salted the ones that wanted it.
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

6. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Thank you sir.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good Pics, I've got a couple I'll throw up in a day or so when I get a little time.
  8. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Thanks Basher and thanks again for the advice on the spreader! I appreciate you taking out the time to look at it...I know you were busy on Friday.
  9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice... Next time you should try and get some action shots of that thing making you somepayup
  10. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice pics! Love the GMC...
  11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics and sweet truck:drinkup:
  12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great pics.....you guys had a great storm down there. Basher is good people.....one of the nicest guys i ever met. :drinkup:
  13. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

I know...I was solo most of the time and the other guy I plow with was never really near for too long. I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get any action shots! Oh well, maybe next time.

Thanks man! I love my GMC especially when I'm making payup with it instead of paying that car payment. LOL
    Thanks man I appreciate it.

:nod: X2. Last year I got the bug to get my own equipment and do my own thing instead of using someone else's stuff. Call Basher the day before the storm was gonna hit (on a Sunday I believe) and he installed it that day even though he was busy as chit. Now that's service! I definately try and push business his way when I can!;)
  14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Good to hear man. Have a great holiday. Basher is def the kind of guy that would give you the plow off his back:drinkup:
  15. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

You have a great holiday too!
  16. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

Nice pics with OUR flag behind your truckussmileyflag
  17. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

:nod: I know. I saw that and said DAMN I gotta get a pic of that!!!!ussmileyflag
  18. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Does your truck have the plow prep package? I notice there is no cab lights and I was certian the cab lights came with the plow prep, feel free to correct me as I am looking for that exact truck.

Any complaints with the truck?

19. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

I can check the sticker, but I know for certain that it came with the tow package and I thought it had the plow package, but I can't swear to it. What else does it come with besides the cab lights?

I love the truck and really have no complaints over than I sometimes wish I got a diesel. I discovered that when I towed my rig out to Norwalk, Oh for a race. Those two big climbs on the PA Turnpike are a killer!:angry::realmad: As far as MPG, I get between 10-12 MPG around town and between 16.5-21.8 MPG on the highway. If I keep it between 65-68MPH the milage is on the higher side, but as soon as I go over 68 MPH, I'll loose 3-5 MPG immediately. The ride is very good. It gets alittle rougher when I turn the torsion bars up for the plow, but other than that its fine.

If you are interested, the dealer who I got my truck from is a friend of mine and wouldn't screw you over. PM me and I can give you his name and number.:)

20. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

Awesome Pictures Thanks for sharing, now I remember what snow looks like