1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Delaware Anyone???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by contractor078, Nov 17, 2011.

1. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

I was just looking to hear from any fellow members in the little state of DE or MD eastern shore. Doesn't seem that there are many of us here from around here. I would love to work with some of you guys and get be able to use you as back up or me. Love to get together with a beer if there is any one out there from the area.

Scott ussmileyflag

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There are a few of us around. :waving:

3. contractor078

Nice well glad to see that there is at lease one of you here with me.

4. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

Salisbury Md here. Hopefully we have a good winter. Where about in DE do you work?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. contractor078

right now i am working my day job in Millsboro DE most of my accounts are in the middle of the state few HOAs and a couple of Drs offices. i am about ready to get rid of the HOAs they suck just such a PITA you know.

Basher looks like you are up over the line. You make it down this way much??

scott

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I was in Georgetown today at the state facilities shop on Shortly Rthere behind troop 4 on 113. We have a lot of equipment running around down your way. Townsend Bros Chevy, Hamilton and Humprey's construction, one of the school bus componies, City of Georgetown, lot of Dover customers.

8. contractor078

Nice i live up in Dover Townsend Bros does all the service on my tuck they are great people there. Nice well if you need some help let me know.

I current do my HOA and a few dr.s offices and i am ready to dump my HOA they are such a PITA. They are part of the Del DOT reimbursement for plowing so they will not cut me lose until the state web site for our zone reaches 4 inches. and there maybe 4 inches on the streets here but not 5 miles away here the sensor is the grounds keeper is i don't know its work and i hate to turn it away but some time you have to deal i guess right??

if you are ever down this way we should grab a cold one :drinkup: be nice to meet up with some others from the site. this place is great and everyone is so helpful.

scott

9. contractor078

WOW 245 people viewing this and there is only 3 of us here? wow

10. misterbluesky

misterbluesky Junior Member

Sorry Late out of the gate!

Hey Guys,
    Just found this part of Plowsite. Its a big place. Thought I would chime in so we don't feel so alone. From just outside Wilmington and I hear yah on the HOA's. 4" to start reimbursement but with the hill up here you can't not plow. One good wreck and that is all she wrote. Found them much less likely to sue for any damages then parking lots and commercial sites. Delaware is funny when it comes to slip and falls.
    Have a great Christmas Holiday!

11. contractor078

glad to see that there are a few of us out there. HOA's are a PITA but decent money and they pay fast which is nice. so there has to be something to be said for that.

12. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

:sleeping:
    OH, ummm... Hey, count me in too.
    Near the airport... had clients as far as 20 miles away. (not thrilled but money is money)
    Haven't done much in the last few years (got fed-up w/stupid people) but gearing back up for this year.
    Looking to sub. and maybe for a backup for what I've got.

(My housing development wants me to plow. there are about 15 other guys with plows that live here and I'm wondering why no one else does it... must be a reason)

What are HOA's?

George
    goin back to sleep...

13. contractor078

Nice...to meet you man. glad to see there are a few of us from DE here. I am looking to maybe do a little subbing my self and work where i can to make some money.

HOA=Home Owners Association. They all seem to suck. I plow for mine and they are just a royal pain. Good fast pay but you have to cater to them. Ahh like you said money is money. I wouldn't mind teaming up with a few of you guys i only have the one truck and skid but wouldn't mind maybe going after a few larger jobs if any of you boys that are a one man band like my self want to give it a go.

Scott

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Looks like the weather turns the first of the year.

15. contractor078

Sweet. I am ready for some white gold to come our way. I think the ground is still a little warm.

16. Leggslandscape

Leggslandscape Member

Kent Island Maryland here

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Looks like you lower Delaware/Eastern shore guys could be kicking a little salt tonight/ tomorrow morning

18. contractor078

well lets hope i have my fingers crossed. not looking good for this winter. got a feeling its going to turn more into a lot of sitting around and doing this....:drinkup: we all should plan a little get together around here. Maybe if we all get together we could do a snow dance and make something happen!

19. DaleSC

DaleSC Junior Member
    from 21817

Hello Guys,
    I currently live in SC with 2 trucks w/plows.....ain't gonna wear them out here. I am originally from the Eastern Shore of MD (Crisfield). Kinda wanting to come up and play in the snow and make a few bucks doing it. If anyone has any need for a sub in Salisbury or from Salisbury South please keep me in mind. Would love to come up and do alittle work. I am keeping an eye on the Weather Channel....LOL

20. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

Add one more to the list