1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deisel Or Gas????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by alternative, Feb 3, 2005.

1. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

lookin at a new f650 or kodiak6500 series.. just contemplating the deisel vs the gas.. they say the new 8liter gas is just as efficient.. dont know if i need the deisel.. have a small dump with a deisel.. and only put on about 6k per yr
    deisel is an addtl 9k to total cost... thats alot.. y? no? give advice thanks
    also lookin at international??? a little more pricey
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

It all depends on your intended use. And the intended use of those who you will eventually sell it to.

The gas engine is a way to save quite a bit of money, but in that class truck, a diesel becomes more of a need than a want.
  3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Oh boy. Here we go....I'll be hiding under this rock until this discussion is over.

I agree with TLS. In a truck like that, you might be better off with an oil burner. You will pay more up front, but your re-sale will be higher. I think they'll both depreciate at the same rate but you may have an easier time unloading a diesel.
  4. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

I love deisel..but i love to save $$$$$
  5. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I think If you ever want to get rid of it you will be much better with the diesel. Look how cheap used gas trucks are.