1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

deicing interlock/landscaping brick

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ontario026, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

What's the best product for deicing those interlocking landscaping brick? I only use salt or sand/salt for the couple of residentials that want ice control on regular asphalt, but I had to go clean up my mother in law's drive last night due to her blower guy (neighbour) couldn't get the blower to work on the crusty stuff once it got cold... This summer she had a nice front step put in that is made out of that landscaper brick, I hand shoveled it the best I could but it is all iced up from people walking on it, I didn't want to give it a dose of salt from the 1000 lbs of bags I have in my truck so I told her to go pick up some calcium chloride today...

Was calcium chloride the best recommendation for that brick?

2. 4Seasonsmgt

4Seasonsmgt Junior Member

not a bad choice but i use a landscapers best product that is blue it works great on concrete and pavers, also does not eat up the surface as bad
  3. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

thanks, would that be a product like " alaskan ice melter" that you see at walmart etc? I have never read the label on that stuff...