1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

deice rates! :)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Almost so bad you can't laugh..

$18 per bag of calcium applied "yeah labor included"
    $89 per ton applied, yeah truck and labor included....

and hourly plowing.. accounts are small, takes more time to go to each one than to actually plow.. so even $150 hr turns into $50-$75 per plow..

for NJ, thats just not possible, even for the scabs out there with no insurance.

2. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Must be getting a hell of a deal on bagged material

3. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

im paying 6.05 per bag. Sea Board industries in new jersey they are our swimming pool dealer. thats 6.05 per bag delivered. Mike Perron - 1-716-348-7037. and im paying $89.00 a yard for bulk salt.

Charging: 17.50 for a bag spread and 175 per yard spread.

Ramairfreaks, give Mike a call and say James from Rizzo told me to call. he will hook you guys up.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Those numbers are insane...I wouldn't even wake up for that...and we get 25% of what you Jersey guys get.

Broncs, I wish we could get bulk for 89/ton.

5. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Is that for calcium or just salt?

6. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

I am curious to that price, that has to be rock salt.

7. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Not trying to brag here, but I have been getting calcium chloride for $5 a 50# bag. That doesn't include delivery and fuel to make the 2 hour run to pick it up. All that being said, its not always availible to me, so when it does become availible, I buy all I can. I have really downsized my business in the past couple years to focus on my bread and butter job and have only one small parking lot that requires salt. Usually 2 skids will get me through a winter.

8. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Is that 6.05 for a 50lb bag of Rock Salt?

~edit
    Pool dealer so its solar salt, yes???

9. Broncslefty7

no, its cal chlor.

10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

What brand is it I cant even get that at that price I buy at wholesale on bags stuff

11. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

50lb bags???????????

Keep that a secret because holy crap that's cheap...What are you buying them by the tractor trailer load?

12. Broncslefty7

5 pallets a clip. they dont charge shipping, they deliver to us twice a week in the spring/summer/fall we move a ton of their product.

13. Ramairfreak98ss

Really full calcium for $6.05 a 50 lb bag? I've never heard of it so damn cheap. I'll bring our biggest trailer to your Tate to pick skids up at that price! Even safer than salt blends are $8.50-9 each bag.

14. Ramairfreak98ss

We paid $11-12 last December for 18 skids in a full truckload.. went up a dollar a bag already this year.

15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

What brand is it You have a photo of it