1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deflectors on Wide-outs?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chocho41, Feb 15, 2010.

1. chocho41

chocho41 Junior Member
    from Iowa

What is working best? I've got too much stuff blowing on the windshield and freezing. Snow is getting so deep here in Iowa that I need to get up enough speed to through it over the berms.

UNCLETONY Junior Member
    from IN

I made my own for my wideouts. I get my rubber from seller emh998 on ebay, there might be someone selling it for cheaper, but I haven't looked in the past year. I did not worry about my wings. I have had no problems and always feel better doing the work myself. Just mount it between the wings with some bolts and big washers. Good Luck.
  3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I went to a rock quarry and got used belting, cleaned it painted the smooth side, added and 1/8" flat strip of metal, cut everyting to fit with a jig saw, bolts washers, drill

Done under 20 bucks

on a boss cutting edge.........
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

5. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I was a cheap azz when I bought my wideouts, I just did my own a couple days ago.
    I will snap some pics and post